Friday, January 7, 2011

What a Wonderful Life :-)

I woke up early this morning because I went to bed early last night. Truth be told, I'd have got up early anyway. It's part of my new chapter whose mantra is - I will act now. Kinda cracks down on hitting the snooze button when there really is so much to do in every day.

Anyway, shortly after jumping on the computer to start my daily online promotion chores, I received an email letting me know that I'd got a review in an online magazine. I was a little apprehensive but after following the link to the page on www.grindmodeconnect.com, my day was made. Here's a snippet from the review so you can see why:
"Already moving away from being pigeon-holed, 'Great Day' shows how Calibe can work equally well over reggae, hip-hop, soulful or pop inspired sounds as her producers do a fine job in holding her down for beats. Certainly warming up as one to watch, Calibe is currently in the studio as this release gives an indicator of the quality that may emerge in 2011. Get with this now and say you were there..."

Now wasn't that nice? Bear in mind, I didn't want to say anything because it isn't done yet but forget apprehension. I'm going for broke today because tomorrow never comes... I'm interviewing with WSVN's Deco Drive on the 18th. I can scarce contain myself. I believe the video for "It's My Birthday" is going to be released in the next month or 2. I won't be in it but best believe I'll be looking for maximum exposure from all available media anyway.


And I do so appreciate the help of friends and fans so if you know of any channels that might be interested in a feature or review, please send me the link.

I'll also be interviewing on the Jorge Rodriguez show on www.SoFloRadio.com on January 14, as well as performing at the Downtown Get Down Urban Music Festival at Tobacco Road that same evening. Then on to correspondence for www.centvnews.com at the Buju Show on the 16th. It'll be a full and fun week next week. I hope you can share some of it with me!

Remember to check out the full length review at http://www.grindmodeconnect.com/view_cd_review.php?id=445.

No comments:

Post a Comment