Friday, September 17, 2010

Countdown to release date

I'm pretty excited at this point. It feels like a hurry up and wait kind of situation but I'm sure it'll be fine. "It's My Birthday" goes to radio on Tuesday of next week (September 21 to be exact). I'm not sure my name will be listed as a feature on the record but I'm actually the female singer on the hook of It's My Birthday by Ultimate. The song will be released on Ultra / Payday Records.

To date there's no official video but you can watch a mashup of the song with some of our escapades from the road here:



I've had people say - "Oh but Calibe, you're hardly in the video". Thanks for your concern :-). It's actually a marketing strategy. When you're promoting one artist, that's the face you keep in the foreground. This is Ultimate's promo but we're all on the same team. Ultimate Domination Records.

Until it's my turn, I try to keep my online presence up so people can find me elsewhere when they need to. You can always visit my youtube channel (look to the right for some of the links) or visit me on any of the other links on the top right of the page. Make sure to look out for the "Great Day" video which will be posted up right here the minute it becomes available.

In other news, I've been recording a lot with Balistic / Grammy Society, big ups to Balis, Face, N'Gai and Chad. I'll have some of that music up in a bit too. Also been working on some reggae tracks for my associates Walboomers in the Netherlands. Gotta keep busy. Mix tape still in the works but moving slowly :-(.

Here are a few pics from trips out on the road this year together with me, Ultimate and the crew:
Party 101.5FM MegaJam 2010 out in Long Island.
Don P, Me, Blackout and Rhona Fox at Gyptian's album release in Miami

Ultimate, Damion Daniel and Calibe before going on stage for Best of the Best 2010
I'm discovering a lot of great dance records now that I'm in this world too. I'll try to find some to share. We all need something to be excited about daily. Let me see what I can give you ;-).

May chocolate never make you fat!


No comments:

Post a Comment