Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Mixtape

Spent today today working on some tracks for the mixtape. It's still untitled and it's morphing every day. The original plan was to flip a bunch of old school hip hop tracks the way we did Great Day, but I'm finding old school in other genres is just as appealing. I'm excited to see what the end product come out to.

Heading over to Black again tomorrow to try and get these balanced up and see what the next move is. So far I've flipped Mary, Ice Cube, Usher, Sly and Robbie, Lionel Richie... yeah, it's getting eclectic but you know, that's how I do :-). It'll be available for download by the end of September. No date set in stone yet, but I'm working.

When Birthday drops, gotta make sure listeners and potential fans have some current stuff to listen to, even it is all throwbacks. You know it's going to stay sexy, mellow, fun. If you have ideas for any tracks you want to hear flipped, let me know. @DennisBlaze already gave me a beatjack to reggae out the project.

I'm excited for this, for "It's My Birthday", for the "Great Day" video. Feels like there's a lot going on but the waiting is killing me. In the meantime, trying to stay focused and busy. Until tomorrow, or something else pops into my head that I just have to share ;-)

C

No comments:

Post a Comment