Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Local Music: I need to hear more!

I've been feeling so much love. Every time I get some I have to share it. While the selections I hear from this Miami indie music review aren't always ones I personally am attracted to, I applaud Collen Dougher on highlighting local artists (and not just the same set over and over), and on making selections that won't appeal to only one set of listeners.

This week I was featured in her music blog for City Link magazine, along with some other local reverbnation artists with party music. Check it out at the link below.

Local songs: Where's the party?

By the way, I'm planting a lot of seeds now. One of my next projects will be a blog / video blog / internet show about SoFlo entertainment stuff. Not just night life, but day life, hotels, niche market stuff, restaurants, and of course music. As I build the idea and the content, I'd love feedback and suggestions from anywhere I can get them. I know this has been done a million times, but it's always very shiny and fake, or overly formal. I think Deco Drive has the right formula mixing humor with content. There needs to be something else though. That's what I'm aiming for. The something else that people actually want to pay attention to.

Planning to get started this week. Stay tuned and wish me success (and a little luck)!

Keep on dancing,

Calibe

No comments:

Post a Comment