Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Soul Unsigned and Supporters of Independent Music

Yes, I'm now a dance music artist, but anybody who knows my history knows I'm very comfortable with a nice soul, jazz, funk, blues mish mash. There are days I'd rather listen to the Brass King, DJ PEACE and Poppa E than Y100 and Power 96. And they actually aren't that few and in between.

I recently came across a great site called SoulUnsigned.com who features QUALITY independent and unsigned soul music and artists. I approached them, and although I don't fit in exactly with their typical programming format (it's pretty grown and sexy), they appreciated 'Great Day' enough to include it in a February 17 mix. You can listen to the soul music mix here.

I sat and listened to that show from start to finish instead of running around doing 50 other things and skipping between "internet things" as I usually do. It was the most mellow hour I've spent in a long time. I'd love to share it with you and encourage anyone else with similar discoveries or shows to let me know. This stuff is pushing me even more to get going with my own show that talks about stuff we need to discover. Not just stuff that people already know about.

Mark my words: I shall get it done!

In the meantime, remember to check out www.soulunsigned.com

OK :-) I'm out again.

Keep dancing,

Calibe

No comments:

Post a Comment